Friday, October 10, 2008

Simple Life Lessons

Well it is a slow and dead friday at the Fiesta Mall AT&T so you get a nice post from Sean. I think this is the only time I ever contribute to the blog. I actually really enjoy googling people and seeing if they have blogs. It really makes time pass by quickly at work and I love to see what everyone is up to..........

This last weekend Chels left me alone to go to California to take her State boards. So i got to spend a little time with my dad. He came down to go to Priesthood session of conference with me since my little brother Cory went into the mission field wednesday. So we got to spend a little father son bonding time at conference and have a nice meal with my Uncle Mike.

My job has taken me out of church a bit lately so it was really nice to be able to take a couple hours and listen to the brethren. I really loved it and I have gotten back into the habit of taking notes when I am at priesthood. It was great to be able to feel things that I know my Heavenly Father intended me to hear and I am going to share on little piece of inspiration I recieved.

President Uchtdorf has been one of my favorites for about 7 years now. He came and spoke to us when I was in the MTC and I loved him then and love him even more now. I think it is because he is German and reminds me of my grandpa, and even served with my grandparents when they were missionaries. Anyways.......he gave a story of him and a bunch of brothers in the church trying to move a grand piano out of the chapel and in to the cultural hall. No matter how much they tried they could not figure out how to move the piano. Well an older brother gave his two cents and simply told the brothers the way to move the piano. He simply said.......
"Stand close together and lift where you stand"
When Pres. Uchtdorf said this I immediately felt that it was directed at me. As soon as this brother offered this advice the piano lifted effortlessly off the ground.

I thought about me needing to do a better job of taking care of the things I have control over, and that if I do my part, the lord will bless me. One little saying changed my focus. I hope I can simply "Lift where I stand"

4 comments:

Ash said...

I didn't know you guys even had a blog! HELL! I'm so glad! Nice to see the guys do some posting...I don't think JOey even looks at ours;)

Ash said...

I meant Hell-O after that spiritual post I go and swear....I promise it was a serious typo...

Monson Family said...

I'm so happy you found us too!!! That is a very good lesson by the way. I need to apply that in my own life right now.
How are you???? How is AZ???
By the way - I read the post previous to this one.. Kelly is soooo obssessed with football right now he woke p at 2 am to watch Texas and Oklahoma play (the time difference and all). So I totally feel for Chels right now. I love football season but right now I can't wait for it to be over!
I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!

ash and jonny said...

chels you took the CA board??? are you guys moving?